NO FIREWORKS ALLOWED
****Given the drought conditions in California, Cal Fire will be calling for “red flag” days more often, which will restrict the use of campfires and wood and charcoal grilling. We understand campfires are an important part of your camping experience, so we recommend you bring a propane fire pit and cook grill when visiting Finnon.
NEW MOSQUITO BRIDGE CONSTRUCTION - Expect delays and use caution on Rock Creek Road with new bridge-related heavy equipment coming up. The Community will be notified of impacts and restrictions well in advance so all can prepare their travel plans. County DOT is in the process of having message boards posted at Mosquito Rd at Rock Creek Rd and at Rock Creek and Cutoff Road to display vital road information.
- Finnon Lake Recreation Area is a PRIVATE PROPERTY owned and managed by Mosquito Volunteer Fire Association (MVFA). Use of the facilities is at your own risk. The management assumes no responsibility or liability for personal injury, loss, or property damage.
- It is the responsibility of visitors to know the rules contained on this website and posted on the information boards on Finnon property.
- This is the OFFICIAL Finnon Lake website. Related information contained on any other website is not authorized by MVFA.
- For information please call (530) 409-5515.
- Finnon Lake Recreation Area is closed after dark - except for registered campers. Violators are trespassing and are subject to arrest.
- Day Use fees are collected before entering the property for day-use activities such as fishing, and boating including all inflatables, swimming, picnicking, and disc golf. There is no fee for hiking and bicycling.
- Campsites used for Day Use may be charged at an overnight rate.
- Campsites containing gear such as tents, tarps, hammocks, kayaks, fishing rods, etc. will be considered occupied. If anything is left overnight you will be charged at the overnight rate whether persons are present or not. If the such gear is left unattended for 24 hours or more, it will be considered abandoned, and disposed of.
- Annual Day Use Passes are now available to Mosquito residents. Please email: email@example.com for information and inquiries.
- Discharging any type of gun including air-powered is prohibited.
- There is a zero-tolerance policy for any abusive behavior, language or rudeness toward any staff member or guest.
- Finnon Lake is pet friendly. COUNTY LEASH LAWS are in effect. All dogs are required to be on a leash at all times, and droppings are picked up. Keep your dog from barking or disturbing others, and never leave them unattended.
- All vehicles must remain on designated roadways. Vehicles not registered for public roadways are not allowed to operate on the Finnon Lake property.
- Primary access to Finnon Lake is Rock Creek Road thru the main gate adjacent to the diner. Trailers and RVs must use Rock Creek Road. The swing bridge on Mosquito road has width and weight restrictions, and trailers are prohibited. The lake is open for fishing, Day Use fees apply. Please do not leave any unspooled fishing line on the ground or on the shore. Please place it in the garbage cans. Finnon Lake Campers under age 18 are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian over age 21 during the entire time of their stay. Frank's Diner is located at the entrance to Finnon Lake Recreation Area and is open for business. Frank may have firewood for sale during business hours. Call (530) 409-1977 or visit www.franksmosquitodiner.com for more information and business hours. Discover more about the history of Finnon Lake, how to get here, and information on MVFA here.
- NO FIREWORKS ARE ALLOWED ON OR AROUND THE ENTIRE PROPERTY.
*Trailers and RVs must use Rock Creek Road - Do not use Mosquito Road*